Michele Julien BA (Hons), MA
Michele is an experienced psychoanalyst of Lacanian orientation. She has been a Member since 2003 of The London Society (LS) of the New Lacanian School (NLS) of Psychoanalysis, part of the World Association of Psychoanalysis [WAP]. She has an MA in Psychoanalysis from the University of Kent (1997). Michele adheres to the code of ethics and regulations as outlined by the LS of the NLS.
Michele has wide clinical experience treating the spectrum of mental health symptoms and life issues that people bring to counselling and analysis. She has treated adults and adolescents from all walks of life. Her expertise also stems from a commitment to continued theoretical and clinical formation, also giving clinical and theoretical presentations to transmit psychoanalysis.
She has worked with other analytic practices since 2000, continuing to work to date with Lacanians in Praxis. Michele also offered psychotherapy to patients at mental health charities from 1992 to 1998, including at Just Ask Counselling, a charity for people aged 14-35 years, and at Mind, Tower Hamlets.
In 2014, Michele worked on the Editorial Committee for the London Society of the New Lacanian School journal Psychoanalytical Notebooks. She also worked on the Editorial Committee for JCFAR, journal of The Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research (CFAR) Volume 17, On Sexuality . Translation and proofreading work for journals of the Lacanian field include Psychoanalytical Notebooks, Scilicet, Hurly-Burly now The Lacanian Review, JCFAR , PIPOL (Congress for the EuroFédération de Psychanalyse ).
Presentations on the theory and clinic of psychoanalysis include:
- London Society of NLS: Question on the School in Psychoanalysis. “School.” [1 February 2020]
- London Society of NLS: Reading Group seminar on Lacan’s Seminar VI: Desire and it’s Interpretation. Working on Seminar VI extracts with Susana Huler. [26 October, 30 November 2019 and 29 February 2020]
- London Society of NLS: “In a State of Transference: Wild, Political, Psychoanalytic” [April 2018]
- London Society of NLS: "Between Anxiety and Love", Lacan's Seminar X [May 2017]
- London Society of NLS: Place/Interpretation of Formations of the Unconscious [March 2017]
- New York Compass Group Conference: Must Do It! Contemporary Forms of Subjective Demand [March 2016]
- London Society of NLS: "Sexual Orientation" [Critical Analysis of Psychoanalytical Notebooks, Issue 29 [May, 2015]
- London Society of NLS: The Contemporary Lacanian Clinic [December 2014]
- London Society of NLS: Tao, Letter and Analytic Formation Seminar, "Writing" [July 2014]
- London Society of NLS: "Symptom/Sinthome" [December 2011]
- CFAR Conference: Psychosis: Lacanian Perspectives "Symptom and Creation" [July 2011]; Clinical [May 2010]
- London Society of NLS: "Feminine Sexuality" [March 2010]
Sophia Berouka BA (Hons), MA, MSc, MBACP
Sophia is a psychoanalyst practising in the Lacanian orientation. She is a member of The London Society (LS) of the New Lacanian School (NLS) of Psychoanalysis, part of the World Association of Psychoanalysis [WAP].
She attended the clinical training at The Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research (CFAR) (2007-2015) and worked as part of the CFAR low-cost clinic. She is also a qualified Psychodynamic Counsellor and Psychotherapist and an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. She works with adults and adolescents both in English and in Greek.
She has practiced for the last 12 years in a variety of settings, including the NHS, charities, three nation-wide Employee Assistance Programs and Higher Education institutions. Sophia has worked for four years as a Bereavement Counsellor within the Bart's and the London NHS Trust, as well as acting as a psychotherapist at the Outpatient Eating Disorders Unit at Springfield Universty Hospital and the Department of Psychological Medicine at St Bartholomew's Hospital.
- Training Programme in Lacanian Psychoanalysis at the Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research, 2007- 2015
- MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy (Birkbeck, University of London)
- PgDip in Psychodynamic Counselling (Birkbeck, University of London)
- Bereavement Counselling Training, City & East London Bereavement Service, Bart's & the London NHS Trust
- MA in Psychoanalysis and Contemporary Society (Brunel University, London)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Degree, The American College of Greece)
Personal website Click here
BACP profile Click here
B-eat (Eating disorders charity) profile Click here